The system involving Base Stations is unique to Tromsø Safari. Based on our experience of more than 19 years, around 8,500 Northern Lights Safaris, the latest weather forecast, wind direction and the hosts at the Base Stations, we choose the Base Station or stations with the best chances of clear sky and, therefore, of experiencing the Northern Lights.
If the weather changes and clouds move in, we check with our network if it would be better to move to another location. And if so, we finish our meal, hot drinks and “lefse” before leaving to look for clear skies somewhere else. In these circumstances, we will stay along the roads searching for a clear sky.
Our focus on this trip is always to show you the Northern Lights!
A winter or Aurora portrait and other photos can be purchased via our web page after the tour.
• A knowledgeable and dedicated English-speaking Northern Lights guide
• Transport by comfortable coach with on-board toilet
• Beautiful Northern Lights video shown on the coach
• Hot chocolate, coffee, tea and a sweet local cake (lefse)
• High-resolution photos from the tour for sale from our web page (choose “YOUR PHOTOS” from the manu bar).
• About 20 warm overalls for use during the stay at the Base Station
• About 10 tripods for use during the stay at the Base Station
Extra: Hot soup or stew (vegetarian alternative on request).
We offer hot soup at the Base Station. We serve locally made soup. Depending on the base station, the soup is either fish or reindeer meat. There is also a vegetarian alternative. The hot soup should be ordered no later than 16.00 (4pm) on the day of the tour. Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for special dietary requests.